8.20.2013

Interview: Miek



Please tell us a little about yourself and why you started to make things for kids.

My name is Mieke Kockelkorn. I live in a very nice city in the south of the Netherlands. Since I was very young I have been making clothes. First for my dolls and later for myself, friends and family. So when I grew older I went to study Fashion And Textile design at the art academy. After graduating I started working in the costume department at the opera company. I learned a lot there and had a lot of fun too.




Then I became a mother!!!!
Thats when I started making things for little people. For my beautiful baby son I made a bib. But his visitors wanted to buy it. So I started making more. And shops became interested. Now I sell in several shops and on the Internet!




Please tell us a little about your plans and dreams for the future.

In the near future I will become a mother again!!! I'm expecting a baby in January. My most important goal is to be a good mother for them. I enjoy being with my children a lot. They also help me in my creative process. In the future I hope I will have nice job offers to put all my creativity in. I still like making baby stuff and will continue to do so. Perhaps I will also start to design products for woman.


Thank you Mieke for your lovely story!

To see more Mieke's creations please visit her shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment